Smart meters expand across North America.
Significant growth in smart meter installations to reach 80% among electricity customers by 2024.Read more here
Grid Modernization Initiative (GMI)
U.S. DoE is working with public and private partners to develop the concepts, tools, and technologies needed to create the grid of the future.Secure your place
US Wholesale Electricity Markets
Incentivizing reliability services and integrating new and emerging technologies into wholesale market operations.View the latest program
Expert Speakers to Date
- Eric Woychik
Willdan Group, Inc.
- Vinitha Subburaj
West Texas A&M University
- Karen Onaran
Electricity Consumers Resource Council
- Anitha Subburaj
West Texas A&M University
- Ryan Richardson
Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox
- Marc Costa
The Energy Coalition
- Bill Castor
Moser Energy Systems
- Michael Boswell
Concord Engineering Group, Inc.
- Amy Barzdukas
- Jonathan Postal
- Yazaki Innovations, Inc.
- Siemens Energy
- Lansing Community College
- Virginia and Georgia Transformer Corp.
- Eaton Corporation
- FMI Capital Advisors
- Atlas Power Technologies Inc.
- Oceanus Power & Water
- Willdan Group Inc.
- DynTek Services, Inc.
- Pacific Northwest National Labs
- NextEra Energy Resources
Who should attend?
- Power Generation
- Power Utilization
- Design Engineering
- Energy Storage Systems (ESS)
- Electric Equipment Manufacturing
- Solar Technologies
- Real-Time Monitoring
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Power Integration
- Energy Utilities
- Grid Infrastructure Companies
- Smart Inverters
- Grid Installations
- Wind Energy
- Environmental Engineering
- Sales and Marketing
- Power Distribution
- Grid Security Operations
- Research and Development
- Strategy, Projects, & Public Affairs
- Oil and Gas Companies
- Purchasing and Sourcing
- Equipment Certification Services
- News Reporting and Journalism
The SMART GRIDS 2023 Exhibition & Conference will deliver the most up-to-date market intelligence and industry presentations on the latest smart electricity distribution and utilization opportunities for North America.view more...
Key topics for 2023:
- Market fundamentals for power systems and grid infrastructure
Understand the economic fundamentals of control, distribution, and bulk power grid planning and operations.
- New advancements in power generation, storage, and integration
Evaluate the flexibility of power systems for energy storage and grid integration with renewables and other Distributed Energy Resources (DER).
- Engineering know-how in grid transformation and power utilization
Assess the technical and operational aspects of distribution grid transformation and the current and future state for smarter energy usage.
- Supporting the industry through energy policies and development
Be the first to hear about regulatory, technology, and utility experiences. Review the ongoing initiatives and assess the benefits.
- Distribution automation, advanced monitoring, and cybersecurity
Explore the latest advances in technology solutions for real-time awareness, cyber resiliency, and rapid restoration through digitization.
- Grid reliability, resiliency, and efficiency across North America
Scope out new opportunities for improving grid reliability using various technologies to make grids more efficient.
- Great opportunities to meet key players in the emerging technology space. Nithya Giridhar (BHP)
- Expertise from various fields related to the industry introduced innovative technologies.Martin Loo (Greatech )
- The discussion covered several key providers as well as industry information.. Ralph Marsh (Ralph Marsh)
- Topics presented by knowledgeable speakers cover a wide range of topics. Breanna Lopata (Ametek)
- Gaining knowledge and networking with key players was a great experience. Jason Klentive (ESAB )
- An excellent gathering of enthusiasts of new technology was held at this event. Albert Li ( Benchmark Mineral Intelligence )